Monday, January 30, 2012

Attaching JDK Source Code

So I installed Eclipse on my Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, and everything was working peachy, except I can't see the core JRE source code :(. Can't go into String's or Integer's source code, criticize Sun source code, or figure out what some obscure but potentially useful classes actually do.

So it's not critical. But it's annoying. So today I looked it up, and I think I found the solution. Credit to
https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action

and shame on Apple for being so annoying so often.

And in case of broken link, the pasted steps are here:



  • Go to http://connect.apple.com and download Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3 Developer Package




  • Install it.




  • Open a Terminal.app window




  • sudo -s




  • cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home




  • ln -s /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_22-b04-307.jdk/Contents/Home/src.jar .




  • ln -s /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_22-b04-307.jdk/Contents/Home/docs.jar .




  • Replace for your current versions, of course.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment